Candidate Board of Aldermen District 5
Raymond Vitali is a 9 term as Alderman from the 5th District
He is a retired educator from the Milford Public Schools, as a teacher and principal.
A graduate of Southern Connecticut State University with a BS and advanced degrees from Fairfield University, a Masters of Science and a 6th year of advanced study. Drug Education certification, Yale University
Why are you running?
· Continue to provide essential services for our residents at a reasonable cost
· Fine tune the Senior Tax Relief plan
· Support smart economic growth to relieve the Milford taxpayer’s burden
· Protect Milford’s beautiful Colonial New England charm
· Keep a high level of transparency in the daily operations of city government
· Open lines of communication between the residents and the governing bodies
· Common sense form of government
What do you want to accomplish?
Tax reform, control housing development and long-range plans to provide opportunities for all people to experience a quality of life that is affordable and sustainable. Provide opportunity for all city departments/agencies to submit budgets that are justified, simplified and above all transparent. Allow for the provision that our education system provides our students with the knowledge and experiences that will allow them to compete globally. As a member of the Board of Alderman I know that strong leadership leads to good government. I will insist on transparency, a common sense approach and a dialogue that will allow for hands on participation (conversation) by the people and for the people of Milford.
Past Chair of the Board of Bridges
Served on the Library Commission
Presently serving on the Permanent School Building Committee,
United Way campaign co-chair
Oyster Festival Committee
Co-creator of Folks on Spokes
Created the 9/11 Memorial Garden at Live Oaks School
United Way Board of Directors, past chair
Past Board of Directors of the Boys and Girls Club of Milford
Chair of the Milford Prevention Council
Board of Education